Monday 1 November 2010

Assessment.

For my final piece I was inspired greatly by Chris Gilmour I wanted to recreate something myself. Having no idea where to start I didn’t want to just make a random object. After brainstorming for a while I came to the conclusion of recreating the space where I spend most time thinking about my art. Here I have only made the chair and lamp. Being made from cardboard it focuses completely on the form and textures I have created. I feel that this also creates a slightly cartoony theme. As again the object may look real and is life size but are completely useless.




dresser with mirror, photoframe and bits and bobs

bedside cabinent

  small table and shoes
 drawer with knickers and condom

 laptop with USB



 Hi-fi system with headphones


 straightners
 suitcase
 bookshelf, books and plant
 
I was so pleased with how this piece turned out. I feel it had a big impact of the viewer as of discovering it was entirely made from cardboard. It took around 2 and half months to complete and was so upsetting to have to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment